Saturday

Fond of Ficoco

It was so good my sister in law Kari emailed me about it. When she's this excited about something I know it's good. During my next Whole Foods jaunt I had to buy Ficoco. I had a suspicion and I was correct, it's from Dalmatian, the makers of the dried fig spread I love with cheese, also available with orange. Made in Croatia, it's yummy figs with pure cocoa.

So, what can you do with it? Eat it on gelato. Sandwich macaroons. Dip madelines in it. Add it to a muffin as a surprise center. Layer a cake with it. Stuff French toast. Make thumbprint cookies. Swirl it in ice cream while still churning. Add a dollop to spicy mole for duck. The list goes on, but the bottle doesn't, so stock up!


Ficoco on silver dollar pancakes. Great for eating with your hands on the sun porch with coffee.

2 comments:

J3FF said...

I am gonna give this one a try! I made a smoothie using Goji berry juice and ficoco.....it turned out pretty good (very sweet though)

HungryChic said...

Welcome, J3ff! I see you're at Whole Foods, no charge for the sales advice :) I think ficoco would also be good swirled in brownies, and in a chocolate fondue.